Thursday, March 10, 2011

silence of the lambs

Now this is the part that is the rudest of awakenings (literally).  My beautiful newborn, the newest love of my life has come home with us from the hospital and my heart has opened up even more than I ever could have imagined...  And the screaming begins.  Blood curdling screams.  And they are constant.  My newborn has no ability to sleep or to be comfortable in his own skin.  He nursed every 15 minutes day and night for the first 18 months. Then it was every 45 minutes until he was 2 years old.  He refused any and all bottles. Everyone thought I just wasn't trying hard enough or starving him enough to make him take the bottle,  so they tried too.  By 4:00 every morning I would be sobbing on the couch with him (if you can't beat them, join them mentality).  I slept a maximum of 2 hours a night for 2 full years.  I actually started stuttering because my brain was so deprived.  And so the insanity begins (but wait, it gets better...really).

No comments:

Post a Comment